BÜHLMANN Laboratories AG, is proud to announce that it has received United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance of its BÜHLMANN fCAL® ELISA.
Calprotectin (MRP8/14 or S100A8/A9) also known as fCAL, is a protein found extensively in the cytoplasm of neutrophils. It has been shown to be extremely useful as an aid for diagnosis of inflammatory diseases in the gastrointestinal tract.
Key Facts of fecal calprotectin:
- Calcium- and zinc-binding molecule, which plays a role in anti-microbial activity
- Heterodimer consisting of the (MRP8, S100A8) and (MRP8/14, S100A9) subunits
- Highly abundant in neutrophils
- Highly useful marker for studying intestinal inflammation
Access valuable resources and view a compilation of peer reviewed publications that cite and support our calprotectin assays.
View a full array of informational product flyers and learn more about the technical details of BÜHLMANN Calprotectin solutions.
Watch BÜHLMANN videos to get an up close look at our calprotectin assays. Learn about their applications, workflow, related research, and more.
The Value of Calprotectin
In Inflammatory Bowel Disease Monitoring
BÜHLMANN has developed into THE CALPROTECTIN COMPANY with highest quality standards and its determination to increase the knowledge and application of fecal calprotectin (fCAL). BÜHLMANN offers the broadest calprotectin product range in the industry including BÜHLMANN fCAL® ELISA, BÜHLMANN fCAL® turbo for testing on most clinical chemistry analyzers, quantitative Quantum Blue® Calprotectin rapid tests, and IBDoc® smartphone for at home testing (IBDoc Not for Sale in US or Canada). All calprotectin products benefit from our patented easy, safe, and clean stool CALEX® sampling and extraction devices.
The BÜHLMANN calprotectin Assay range has solutions that services all types of users:
- BÜHLMANN Quantum Blue® Rapid Assays for Point of Care and low throughput use.
- BÜHLMANN fCAL® ELISA for higher throughput laboratory use with automation available on the Dynex DS2™ ELISA Processing System.
- IBD home monitoring with the IBDoc system (Not Available for sale in US or Canada).